Request a technology
If you think that CanAssist might be able to help you or someone you know, please take the following steps:
Submitting a request:
- Do your best to find out if the solution you are looking for already exists. You can do this by searching the Internet or by talking to the appropriate therapist (e.g. OT, SLP, etc.). Please note: in order for CanAssist to take on any project, the solution must be unavailable commercially or through other providers.
- Complete the CanAssist Project Request Form [PDF - 113 KB]. It canbe filled out on your computer or printed off and completed by hand.
- Once completed, the form can be sent in one of the following ways:
- fax to 250-721-7299
- mail to CanAssist, University of Victoria, E-Hut, PO Box 1700, STN CSC; Victoria BC; V8W 2Y2
- scan and email to email@example.com
Once you have submitted a request:
We will review your request and contact you as soon as possible - usually within a week to 10 days. If we can find a solution that already exists, we will direct you to its source and assist you in determining its suitability.
Important: Please keep in mind that while CanAssist wants to help as many people with disabilities as possible, limited resources and the increasing demand for our technologies and services mean:
- CanAssist must first secure funding to pay for each project's development. Sometimes we are able to secure funding through philanthropic or other organizations, while in other instances the person making the request knows of a potential funding source;
- typically, we undertake only one project per individual or family each year;
- while we are delighted to assist individuals other provinces and countries, our priority must be to those who live in British Columbia. Certainly, we would be happy to discuss ways that we can provide assistance to those outside B.C. and help find ways to minimize the costs borne by the users of our services and technologies.
Go to Top